Mainland Aggregates Ltd - Terms and Conditions of Service
Mainland Aggregates Ltd and all other subsidiaries and affiliates such as “the company”, “our”, “we”, “us” provides the information displayed on this website. Visitors and all other subsidiaries such as “the customer”, “you”, “your”. “Delivery” means delivery of products sold to you online by us or a sub-contractor employed directly or indirectly by us.
2. The Agreement
This document constitutes an agreement between the company and you, the customer. From the date of our accepting this agreement, we agree to provide you with the products and services paid for in full by you either through this website mainlandaggregates.co.uk or by telephone. Submission of a purchase order or quote request either online or by telephone will be taken as agreement to these terms and conditions.
3a. Using Mainland Aggregates.co.uk
By ordering products and/or requesting quotes through this website or by telephone, you, the user agree that:
• Naturally occurring products sold on this website such as stone, gravel, sand, chippings, mulches etc may differ in size, colour or texture unless stated. This is caused by natural variations in products through which Mainland Aggregates Ltd has no control.
• All photos on this website are offered as a guide only. Mainland Aggregates Ltd takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the photos shown. Samples are available by request.
• All prices shown on this website are exclusive of VAT and delivery unless stated. All prices shown are based on fully loaded vehicles. Any part loads will be charged at full haulage rate.
• VAT is charged at 20% unless otherwise stated.
• Quotes received by you from us are valid for 14 days only. Any orders placed after 14 days of receiving a quote may be subject to an increase/decrease in the quote price caused by fluctuations in market prices beyond our control unless otherwise agreed.
• Any products purchased must be delivered within 14 days of the order being placed or the product(s) may be liable to an increase/decrease in price caused by fluctuations in market price beyond our control unless otherwise agreed.
• The company reserve the right to cancel or hold any order for products which are out of stock or unavailable due to weather conditions. Full refunds will be given on cancelled orders.
• The company takes no responsibility for any products purchased through this website after they have been delivered. Delivery is complete when the Proof of Delivery Docket (POD) has been signed.
• The company takes no responsibility for loss, damage or deterioration of products after delivery has been made.
• Once delivered, all products are your responsibility. Any problems caused by use of products in any circumstances are entirely your responsibility.
• Delivery will be made in an Articulated lorry, Rigid lorry or Van. Please ensure that you have appropriate room to manoeuvre the vehicle as well as room to discharge the product. The discharge area must be free of obstructions such as overhead power cables, manhole covers, drains, vegetation etc. as tipping vehicles, vehicles with a crane or vehicles with a tail-lift will be used.
• Loose products will be delivered via a tipping vehicle. Any bagged or palletised products will be delivered in a vehicle equipped with a tail-lift. Crane Lorries are available for loads of 10 bags/pallets or more. Tail-lift vehicles will be equipped with a pump truck that can only travel across hard surfaces such as tarmac or concrete. The pump truck will not travel across soil, gravel or grass.
• Vehicles equipped with tail-lift are not able to lift goods over obstructions such as hedges, fences or walls. It is your responsibility to inform Mainland Aggregates Ltd of any problems that may arise before delivery is made or you will be liable for the haulage costs.
• If the delivery vehicle is unable to discharge the load the goods will be returned to us. A full refund will be issued to you for the product minus the haulage charges associated with delivery and return of the product to us which will be charged at £3.00 per mile from loading point to delivery point for loose products or a fixed charge of £70.00 per bulk bag or pallet.
• You agree that delivery times may vary according to the product ordered. However, every effort will be made to ensure delivery within 1 - 5 days.
• You agree that the term ‘delivery’ guarantees kerbside discharge only unless otherwise agreed. This does not include moving products into gardens, garages and driveways etc although every effort will be made to do so.
• Any vehicles ordered off the public highway will be your responsibility as will any damage caused to property by the vehicle in doing so. The company takes no responsibility for damage or injury caused during delivery. Any damage caused to the delivery vehicle as a result of ordering off the public highway will be entirely your responsibility.
• All delivery drivers reserve the right to refuse delivery if it is deemed that damage will be caused to the delivery vehicle and or property in doing so and a wasted journey charge will be applied.
• Where possible we will make every effort to discharge goods in an appropriate area.
• The company will make every effort to deliver products ordered on the agreed date, but, if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability will fall to the company; whether in damages or otherwise, for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
• You agree that a person authorised to accept delivery will be present at time of delivery. Any delays deemed inappropriate in discharge of load are liable to incur charges set by the delivery agent.
• By signing our proof of delivery docket you agree that the goods delivered are correct and in the appropriate condition.
• Any parking or offloading fines incurred by the delivery vehicle at the time of discharge are the customers’ responsibility to pay.
• Full refunds will be given on any orders provided the order is cancelled no more than 24 hours after the order has been placed. Any requests made after this period may not be eligible for cancellation/refund as the product may have already been despatched. Refunds may take a maximum of 12 days to be credited to your account due to time constraints placed on us by our payment processor.
• Once our proof of delivery is signed by you or your agent, it is your acceptance that the goods delivered are to your satisfaction. In the unlikely event you are dissatisfied with the product you must inform the driver before the goods are unloaded. The product must be returned to us in the same condition and a full refund will be issued (less the cost of haulage). Products cannot be returned once tipped.
• Return addresses will vary according to the product ordered. The correct return address will be confirmed once a refund request has been received and acknowledged by us.
• Any refund requests not acknowledged by us will not be valid.
5. Wasted Journeys
• In the event product(s) cannot be discharged at the delivery location for any reason beyond our control such as unsuitable access, uneven ground, obstructions etc a wasted journey charge will be applied. This charge will be applied at a rate of £3.00 per mile from the point of loading to the intended point of discharge for loose loads or a fixed rate of £70.00 per bulk bag or pallet.
6. Order Amendments
• Any order amendments must be made no more than 24 hours after the order has been placed. It may not be possible after this period to alter your order and as a result the original order will be processed. We will however make every effort to amend orders wherever possible.
• We are unable to amend orders after dispatch.
The trademarks, names, photos and logos collectively named “trademarks” displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of Mainland Aggregates Ltd. The reproduction, copying, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission and or distribution of any part of mainlandaggregates.co.uk is not permitted.
A. Process customer orders.
B. Track user habits in order to improve the operation of the site.
C. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes
Mainland Aggregates Ltd will not disclose any buyer information to third parties other than those required to fulfil an order.
Mainland Aggregates Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1234 831 108
Fax: +44 (0) 1234 420 304
Mainland Aggregates Ltd (Office Only)
57 Station Road
Company Registered in England: 6736225
VAT Reg Number: 942916211